Thursday, March 31, 2011

Shoot the zebra

Tonight, some kids we know from high school needed an extra player for their basketball team, so they asked Brett to play with them. On the very first play of the game, the Ref called a foul on Brett, Brett didn't say anything to him, and then the Ref started smack talking out of nowhere. (Ref = old fat guy) This is the conversation they had.

Ref: Have you ever played basketball in your life?
Brett: A lot more than you.
Ref: How old are you?
Brett: 23
Ref: That's what I thought, I'm 3 times your age. I played college basketball, look me up.
Brett: Alright, whats your name?
Ref: William E Carpenter, College of the South.

This Ref was somethin else.
As the game actually started, the Ref started to see how good Brett is.

Ref: oh, you're getting in your groove aren't ya? You really know how to play.

What a quality Ref, doing rec leagues.


We bought Brett a new suit tonight! He's been wanting one for over a year. I found a killer deal at JCPenney. His goal has been to look like one of these guys...
Seriously, when Brett was trying the suit on, he kept looking at this picture, then back at himself.
He makes me happy.

2 comments:

  1. oh my gosh! I can't believe that about the ref, was it the same one that did Tommys game? thats retarded!! It was so good to see you again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo I am happy you posted about Brett's suite. We need to get Bradley one and we are going to look at JCP now!

    ReplyDelete