Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Joseph Smith: The Prophet of the Restoration

As of yesterday, this is the first time The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints has ever released a full length film on the internet. This film has been shown in the Joseph Smith Memorial Building for the past 5-6 years, but it has now been revised to be better understood by a wider audience. I watched it this morning at work, and I noticed there are quite a few new scenes in it. I guess some parts in the first edition of the movie were not easily understood if you did not already know stories from the life of Joseph Smith.

This would be a great thing to do for Family Home Evening. You can watch the movie here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/MormonMessages#p/c/0/1xVw6PsSinI

This movie brings me to tears everytime I watch it. Especially when Joseph is on his way to Carthage, and as he is riding away, him and Emma stare at each other, both knowing they'll never see each other again. (That scene is in the video below)

I'm not sure what album this song came from, but it's about Emma Smith. This video has scenes from the Emma Smith Movie. This is by far my favorite Church movie. Please watch it.

)
These are my favorite lyrics from the song:
With the world on your shoulders, when the nights would grow colder, you seemed to weather every storm with a queens grace.
When you lost your husband, when you buried your children, I'm sure the angels stood in reverence as you prayed.
I'm sure your heart breaks, when some people still say, somewhere down the line you lost your faith.
How much can one heart take?

No comments:

Post a Comment