Friday, August 19, 2011

Remember my 'luck'?

Well....of course, with the awesome luck I had getting this amazing job, there had to come very bad luck.

On Wednesday, August 17,
23 months and 2 days after me and Brett were married,
I lost my wedding ring.


I was at work.
Took my ring off at 4:30pm to put on lotion.
Can't remember if I put it back on.
Left work at 5pm.
Walked over to the Joseph Smith Building bathroom to change my clothes.
Ran over to the trax.
Missed the train.
Some guy was asking me about being Swedish, (because of my blonde hair, and Swedish colored clothing), and I was thinking, 'If he is flirting, he has a clear view of my left finger and the ring that's on it!'
But I'm not positive if the ring was actually on my finger.
Got on the train.
Played a game on my phone.
Got off the train at 2100 South.
Walked over to Best Buy where Blaine, Kami, and Brett picked me up.
Drove to the Red Ginger Restaurant on 3333 South, State Street.
Sat down at the table, where I realized my ring was not on my finger.
Called the church security.
They walked over to my desk, and said the ring was nowhere to be found.
I started to cry.
and cry.
and cry some more.
We went to the Crazy, Stupid, Love movie.
Finished the movie, and checked everywhere in the car.
I totally ruined our date night with Blaine and Kami with my hundreds of tears.
I had no idea it was possible to laugh and cry so much in one movie.
After the movie, me and Brett drove back to the restaurant, checked with them to see if they had found anything, and checked the parking spot we parked in after the people smoking pot left.
Nothing.
My wonderful supervisor, Kristen, was at the office late that night, looking for my ring.
Nothing.
I woke up Thursday, with my eyes so swollen I could barely see out of them. I called the Joseph Smith Building Lost and Found, UTA trax Lost and found, crawled around on the floor by my desk all day. Cried some more. Re-traced my steps twice from my office to the bathroom, to the trax, went to Best Buy.
And still, nothing.
The Young Women President, Sister Dalton, is so kind, and told me that we will find my ring. Hopefully if I have amazing people like her praying for my ring, it will be found. Maybe I can ask Sister Dibb to ask her father to pray for me.....I'm almost positive it would be found if he prayed...

So now I'm asking, everyone who is reading this, please pray for me to find my ring. I know it's just a ring, and can be replaced, but it wouldn't be the same. That is the ring I've had since Brett got home from his mission. Since we've been married. I've had visions of me in the FAR future, giving one diamond in that ring to each of my children, or my children's spouses.
I want it back.
My finger is so bare, and has an ugly tan line without it.
But I don't ever want that tan line to go away.


5 comments:

  1. oh!!!! i'm so sorry to hear about your ring! that is awful! i lost my ring once too...in the grass, and i found it, so there is hope! just keep praying! i hope you find it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ann, I will be praying for you! I really hope you find it! Keep your head up and hopefully you will!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That picture of your finger with the line of where your ring should be is the saddest thing ever. Consider me in on the prayers for your ring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ann your post makes me want to cry! I am seriously praying that you find your ring. And no... it's NOT just a ring!! You will find it I know you will. Loves!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You didnt ruin our date night, silly girl! I am so sad for you:( I will be praying for you! Thanks for such a fun weekend....I love Hercules!:)

    ReplyDelete