Monday, November 14, 2011

bored and blogging

Are you all getting excited for Christmas?? I am!! I am so proud to say that I have sneaked Christmas music into Brett's ears early this year. Deep down, he can't resist the sweet sound. We have a great Pandora Christmas station going. Which I am listening to now. The best Christmas albums are Josh Groban and Faith Hill, with a little bit of Celine Dion in there.

I have gone over a WEEK without sweets and desserts! I don't think I have done this ever in my entire life. It feels like I'm starving myself a little bit, but I'll survive. At the beginning of this week, I made a 'no more soda' goal. I've done it once, I can do it again!

Today, I'm going shopping for some skinny jeans. My only 2 pairs ripped last winter (embarrassing). Have you ever had your jeans rip in public? I have. At least 4 times. Let me share:
  1. My cute overall flares ripped right on the bum in 8th grade. Luckily, Jenny Pickering let me borrow her sweatshirt to tie around my waist to cover it the rest of the day.
  2. My $80 Buckle jeans ripped right on the bum, again. At Disneyland my senior year. There was nothing I could do, so I just let my bright yellow underwear show.
  3. Blue $13 skinny jeans from Ross, ripped at work. Luckily I sat at a desk most of the day.
  4. Gray skinny jeans ripped at the dollar store, while picking out birthday cards.
So now let me ask you, where is your favorite place to buy jeans? good quality and cheap. (does that even exist?)

Last random bit for the day, last week, our office went out for a yummy breakfast at Gourmandies. Their breakfast was soooo tasty! I can't wait to take Brett to this place.

Yes...we did drive with the top down.

This was Melissa's breakfast, I am trying this next time!

6 comments:

  1. I don't know that this sale is still going, but I got 2 for $50 at pac sun and they are FANTASTIC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are not alone....I think I have ripped my jeans in public twice, and yes, in the bum as well! So embarrassing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally remember that day in 8th grade. Hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is a store at Fashion Place called Urban...something I can't remember but you'll know it when you see it. They sell those blingy jeans for like $40 I think if that's something you like. I also like American Eagle. You could try Forever 21 because I know their jeans are cheap although I've never bought them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my heck that breakfast looks amazing. Take me with you next time you go! What's the address?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the rockstar style skinnies at old navy and they are CHEAP! They don't last forever, but they are so inexpensive that it doesn't matter. They are the kind that hit right at the ankle and they are stretchy-ish.

    ReplyDelete