Thursday, June 21, 2012

Goodbye my Shadow

My sweet cat Shadow has passed away. At least...I think he has. The last time my mom saw him was Sunday. He has never ever just... left, in the 15 years that he's been in the family. I keep finding myself looking outside to see if he's there..wah!!

It's crazy how attached you can get to a little animal, it makes me wonder how attached he was to us. This past year or two, he's gotten very slow, and very skinny. We knew this was coming, but it still breaks my heart.

He wasn't the best cat in the world, he was actually kind of the neighborhood bully to the other cats. He scratched and bit me in the first few years of his life. He shed more than any dog on the planet.
But he loved to cuddle. He loved to be pet, or get the slightest bit of attention. He loved trying to sneak in the house to be around us. He loved tuna fish, but would throw it up after...

Anyway, this is probably the most boring blog post ever...but I needed to talk about it!

10 years old. December, 1997. (this was my tomboy stage)
rockin the corduroy's and turtleneck.

December, 2011

 Goodbye to one of my best friends. Love you Shadow!

2 comments:

  1. Poor Shadow! That's going to be weird not seeing him around the neighborhood anymore!

    P.S. I love the old picture! You should post a picture of you with Simba. He was also a good cat!

    ReplyDelete