Thursday, April 10, 2014

The perks of credit cards

My lovely friend at work, Amanda, has so lovingly introduced me into the world of credit cards. And has introduced me to this blog: World Wanderlusting. It has changed my life. If anyone is in need of a vacation, and doesn't want to pay the couple of thousand dollars to take one, I suggest you spend a few hours (yes, a few hours) reading that blog and learning. It is fascinating!
Right now, I've got enough miles from credit cards for me and Brett to take a couple of free vacations (within the U.S.A. of course. One day we'll make it across the deep blue sea). The only question is...when will we take them? Life gets a little cray cray! :)

It definitely takes a specific type of person to do this though. If you're a psycho, controlling, money freak like me, you'll probably do great at this! Thank heavens I didn't know this about myself until after I got married. I'm lucky Brett married me when he did!
But if you've ever been in credit card debt, had a hard time getting out, or struggle living within a budget....eh....it's probably not for you.

We all know my go-to vacation is Disneyland/Santa Monica. Duh. Brett and I have been there 5 or 6 times since we've been married. He's such a good sport. It's easy to go when we have grandparents to stay with!
But, Brett put his foot down and said we can't go to the Happiest Place ever again until we have a 3 year old child. That's so far away!!

So, the top 3 places I would love to travel to within the U.S. that I've never been to are:
1. New York City, maybe combined with a trip to Palmyra
2. Alaska Cruise
3. San Francisco, Oakland Temple

Happy Wanderlusting!!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the link love! We are glad that you enjoy wanderlusting with us. Brad and I did a sweet trip to Buffalo, Palmyra, and Toronto last year. What a wonderful place to visit! -Sheldon

    ReplyDelete