Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Hawaii - Part 2 (Maui)

After Oahu, we flew to Maui! We picked up our (ghetto) rental car, and set off for some adventures! We first stopped at this beautiful LDS Chapel. 



Then we started a very long drive towards the Pipiwai Trail. I was not exactly aware that this drive would take so long. And I also was not aware that this road was basically the "Road to Hana." That road, plus a scary Ford rental car = not a good combination. I am not the type of person to get stressed easily. But Brett will even tell you, I almost had a full blown panic attack. There were multiple times I was ready to turn around and just go to our hotel. Luckily, we made it to the hiking trail alive without getting in an accident, and without our Ford falling apart.

I think this is my most favorite hike I've ever done.
We walked by this huge banyan tree,

Crossed the bridge where Teagan was a little too daring for our comfort,

Which took us to the best part of the hike: the Bamboo forest.

Shout out to Brett for carrying Teagan the entire 4 miles of the hike!
As we got deeper and deeper into the forest, it got darker and darker. Those trees were THICK! and SO tall! and SOOOO pretty!!

We finally arrived to Waimoku Falls. Teagan and I watched while Brett took a little swim.

Needless to say, I was not looking forward to our drive back towards our hotel. But at least this time, I knew what to expect. And I made Brett follow closely behind other vehicles, so if anyone were to turn a corner and get in an accident, it would be them, not us. Ha!

Teagan was working on her flexibility on the long car ride.

We stopped here on the way back. Not sure where "here" is. But it was beautiful.


Weird thing about Maui, there are chickens everywhere. On the roads, at the beaches, they just roam around. Here are some chickens enjoying breakfast with us.

It was finally time for some snorkeling! Here we are walking to Honolua Bay. Seriously, I wish pictures could show the beauty of this place.


Here's my ad for Johnson's baby powder, haha! I read on Barefoot Blonde's blog that baby powder takes sand right off your skin! So I made sure to get some for Hawaii. It's true guys! And Teagan hated the sand on her hands and feet. So we definitely used this baby powder a lot!

That's about it for Maui! The hotel we stayed in our last night was the Hyatt Regency, and it had the BEST pool ever! And silly me, didn't take hardly any pictures. So here is Teagan warming up in a towel by the pool. And a short video.

1 comment:

  1. Super cute pictures Ann! Looks like you had a blast! And your little Teagan is just the cutest. Perfect mix of you and Brett. I've never met her before, but I feel like I totally know her! Haha.

    ReplyDelete