Wednesday, July 6, 2016

4th of July

Brett asked me the other day, if I could only have one month of the entire year, which would it be? I surprised him by saying July. He thought I was going to say December (because of Christmas). No. Give me the warm weather all year please!

We started our celebrating by wishing my sister a happy 30th birthday! (Isn't she clever, making herself a Rachel Green crown?)



We gathered in the front yard to watch some fireworks!

Monday morning, we hopped on the train that took us right to the West Jordan parade. If you know Brett at all, you know how much he LOVES parades {insert sarcasm voice}. I told him we have children now, so he needs to expect it. Every. Single. Year.
Teagan had to bring Jasmine along for the ride.


Let's take a closer look at that little guy in the back.
He was out before the parade even started. But woke up soon after from the outrageously loud sirens from the firetrucks.


The boys....clearly enjoying the parade.

We saw my sister across the street!



I love that this parade throws out candy. Although most of it is taffy (yuck!), sometimes we'll get lucky and get a tootsie roll!

I'll end this post with a scripture I love:
"Behold, this is a choice land, and whatsoever nation shall possess it shall be free from bondage, and from captivity, and from all other nations under heaven, if they will but serve the God of the land, who is Jesus Christ, who hath been manifested by the things which we have written."
Book of Mormon, Ether 2:12

No comments:

Post a Comment